Monday, April 21, 2008

Oh Ellie Jo! :)


My Ellie is so silly sometimes! She has this bear that I think used to be Jaren or Jayson's (my brothers) and she carries it around by it's sweater! She just puts her arm through the sweater like it is a bag and carries it around! She makes me laugh! I know in all of my posts with pictures it looks like I never do Ellie's hair, but I do, it's just that whenever she does funny stuff it's before I've done her hair, when she is going to bed, or lately it's just that she pulls her hair out before the day has even begun. Most of the time I wonder why I even bother, but then it looks so cute for 5 minutes after it's done! I need everybodies help again, Ellie lately has been having really rough nights and I don't know what to do. She usually wakes up every night at about 2 in the morning and then after I put her down again she gets up about every 15 minutes after that for about 3 hours. And she has been getting up earlier and earlier every morning, this morning she got up at 6:15. I don't know what to do or why she won't sleep at night. If any of you have advice please please help me!

10 comments:

The Doutre Family said...

So cute! That waking up thing is normal. If she's still in a crib I say leave her alone and hope she goes back to bed. Sometimes ignoring them helps as hard as it may seem. Good luck finding a stroller!

california smiths said...

Oh Joell! How I emphasize with you! I feel the same way about the hair situation. As I read your story, it is identical to mine. Courtney has barely started leaving the ponytails in, but she is so 'busy' it all gets 'staticy' again. It never, EVER looks good for more than 5 minutes. Unfortunately I can't help you in the sleep area, Courtney hasn't given me to many problems, she is like me and LOVES her sleep! I hope she lets you get some good sleep again soon!

Jon and Ashley said...

I am totally with you on the hair. Livie's usually looks cute for a few minutes and then it's gone. I agree with the above poster. Letting them soothe themselves, (unless of course you can tell they really need you) is what always worked for us. Also, sometimes kids wake up earlier when they are over tired. I don't know what time you put her too bed, but you may want to try it earlier. Both my kids go to bed at seven, and they wake up after seven. If I ever put them to bed later, they wake up way earlier. Kids are funny though, once you think you have them figured out they totally throw you for a loop. I wish you luck!

Brynn said...

judging by my posts lately I am sure you realize I have nothing to offer you! If I figure anything out you'll be the first too know. :) Good luck

kate said...

I'm no good with the advice... Sorry! But your kiddos are adorable!!!

April said...

We've had a hard time keeping Devri in her bed too. I made a Bedtime chart where she gets a sticker if she stays in her own bed all night, then if she fills it up we take her to the toy store! She loves it. You might give it a try.

Bingham Family said...

Hey I know your pain, I still get up with Morgan. She says her bed hurts her...maybe it's because the mattress belonged to her dad as a baby... She would rather sleep on the couch, so I let her. Maybe I should make her go back to her bed. Oh well at least I can get some sleep befor Jace wakes me up. The things we will do for sleep!!! Let me know if you figure anything out.

Nick and Stacey said...

No advice! Still going through that with Mitchell every once in a while! Its a hit and miss! I haven't quite figured out the trick! SO far I think it is a good bedtime routine, and also sticking with it and making them go back to bed, but sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt! So I don't know! Again no help, I like to just give my two cents!

The Reese's said...

our kids go to bed and sleep through the night but since we got up they have been getting up by 6:30, once it was at 5:45. we leave beck in his crib but denver comes and gets in bed with us. sometimes they'll go back to sleep and other times after so long we give up and get up but not happily. i agree with ash though, we've tried keeping them up late and they tend to get up earlier. so we put them in bed at 8:00. but i think it's just a kid thing, one day we'll be begging them to get up. :)

Tiffany Joy said...

Sounds like you need a soundproof room for her with a lock.. *wink*