Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday Hudson!!

My baby Hudson is 6months old today! And while it really is exciting it makes me so sad! I love newborns, everything about them, how small they are, the way they smell, the bond you have with them, the way they sleep through almost anything, etc. and so on. Not that I don't enjoy how they grow and start to interact and play and smile, because I enjoy that too. Newborns are just my favorite, thus the reason I have 2 children only 18 months apart. I am not sure why but at this momentous occasion I find myself so emotional. I don't know if that is because I know it will be a while before I have a newborn again, or if it is because I have just recently stopped nursing and lost that oh so special bond between mother and child, or if I'm just crazy! Probably the latter! Anywho here are some things that I just love about Hudson. Happy 1/2 birthday!

1.He always smiles. No matter what, he can be hungry tired and screaming his little guts out and I just go and start talking to him and through the tears comes a smile. Thanks Hudson that makes my day everyday.

2.He loves his big sister. Although there were a few months there where he would get scared and cry every time she came near now they are friends and just laugh at each other. So fun.

3.Laughter. You've just started this and I love every second of it.

4.Sleep. Nobody could ask for a better sleeper from the moment you were born you've been good at it. Must have know your mother needed all the help she could get.

5.Patience. You have it and thank goodness because mom forgets hers in bed sometimes.

Thank you Hudson for entering my life 6 months ago, life without you would never be the same. You are my happy boy sent to brighten up my times of struggles!

17 comments:

Randi said...

He is so cute. I can't believe he is already 6 months old! Wow. I wish I loved newborn babies as much as you! Then maybe I'd think about getting pregnant again! Ha ha! See you Saturday if not sooner! :)

california smiths said...

What a cute baby! I am in complete agreeance(is that a word?). I LOVE newborns too, hence mine only 18 months apart too! My husbnad likes them better when they get older, but I can't get enough of the tiny little babies!! I am glad you enjoy being a mom so much!

kate said...

Cute cute cute!

The Reese's said...

cute post. people like you should have a ton of kids!

Joell said...

Yeah I can haddle the babies it is whe they are older that I am worried about!

Jon and Ashley said...

I love the baby stage too. Everytime I see a newborn I get that ache. Jon and I aren't going to have another one until Dylan is a little older and doing better, so I think I will "ache" for awhile. Your kids are so darn cute. I love Ellie's hat. How is the sleeping going?

thejudkins said...

Happy Half Hudsey!

Brynn said...

6 months already?! I thought you just had him the other day! :( It goes so fast, especially the second time around b/c you are busier and you arent as naive to how fast it goes. Neve is eight months and already crawling and pulling to a stand. You would think that I would be excited but I am heartbroken. I still think of her as a newborn until I see a real newborn(denial I know). I wish I could slow the process down too!

Nick and Stacey said...

Wow 6 months I can't believe it! What a good little boy! This post was so darn cute! It made me miss little babies too!

Christensen Family said...

That is such a sweet post. They grow up so fast. But trust me on this ... you don't want three kids in three years. It is hard but I do love them.

Tiffany Joy said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy!!

April said...

He is SOOOO cute!!! He sounds like the perfect baby too!

Jaimee said...

Hi Joell! I found your blog on Randi's site..I love the layout of your's it so cute! I can't believe it's been 6 mths already I still remember seeing you at randi's pregnant and that seems like yesterday...Life goes by way to fast too bad we can't slow it down, btw I absolutely LOVE newborns too It's the pregnancy I don't love so much!

Callisters said...

He is so dang cute, I can't believe six months have all ready come and gone! I really enjoyed getting my baby fix the other day when I was holding, what a cute happy kid!

The Holmgrens said...

He's cute. How was your walk this morning?

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

That picture of him is FREAKIN CUTE!!! He's such a doll! P.S. I really am planning our game night, we will have one SOON!

The Birds said...

It's so fun checking up on your cute fam. I have been enjoying my little newborn, but I'm just the opposite, I love it best when they can start to interact with you! However, I love that I can run errands and she just sleeps through it all! Madalyn is so high maintenance (sp?) that it's nice for a change! Also, I wanted to wish you a very Happy Happy Birthday! I don't think I'll ever forget your b-day (I may forget to tell you, but I think I'll remember May 14th forever!) Sure do love ya!
~Chandi