Monday, August 18, 2008

I know I am a mean mom!


Okay let me explain! My little Ellie is so adorable but is being a really big pain to go to sleep at night and will do anything to get out of going to bed at night! After I put her to bed she gets up about a million times (slight exaggeration) before she actually goes to bed. About 3 weeks ago ( I know I'm really slow with this post) every time she got out of bed she had her diaper off and it made me so mad I just got angry with her. So, I guess she was scared of me because one night she woke up in the middle of the night and she was all wet. What she had done was taken her diaper off and must have been too scared to come and get a new one so she just left it off and peed the bed. So I put a new diaper on her, changed her sheets and put her back to bed. Well, she woke up that morning all wet again with no diaper on! I was soooo frustrated I called Bryce complaining telling him I just didn't know what to do with her and he said "maybe you should just duct tape it on." What a great idea, I think he meant it as a joke but it worked! If you look close in the picture you can see that she has the Velcro tabs undone but that duct tape kept the diaper on! After 3 nights of duct tape no more problem! I know I am a mean mom!

13 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

You are not mean. There is nothing more frustrating than waking up to a peed in bed. I would have done the same thing.

Tanya said...

You are horrible! I am going to tell on you! :) But I will have to say she really does not look that upset about the whole situation! I remember you telling me about this fun new adventure--but the pictures say it all!

The Holmgrens said...

I don't think you are mean. Sometimes we have to go to extreme measures to get are children to learn. As long as it doesn't hurt them, I don't think it's a problem. I think I will call Bryce with my next parenting delema.

The Reese's said...

that is one of the funniest things i've ever seen! i don't think it's mean, just a way to not completely lose it with her :) glad the problems solved.

california smiths said...

That is hilarious! what a creative team effort by parents who know what works. That idea needed to be shared :)

The Birds said...

Ok, so I laughed the whole time I was reading!! TOO GOOD Joell!! I call it SMART, not mean!!! Please share more of these GREAT parenting stories - they are classic and I LOVE them!!! Your'e the best!
~Chandi

Tanner and Kristin said...

You seriously crack-me-up, Joell! You say and do the cutest things. What a fabulous idea. You aren't mean at all - it surely didn't hurt her and seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for making my morning full of laughs!

Bingham Family said...

You kill me! I love it! Way to go, what ever works.

John-n-Mel said...

That's pretty funny and definitely one for the books. Guess I won't turn you into CPS quite yet... :)

Callisters said...

Joell that is honestly so funny! Hey I think as a mom you get to a point that you would do what ever works to make life easier! Thanks for a good life tonight...

kate said...

That makes me chuckle.. good to know!!

The Doutre Family said...

Well. I've NEVER had that problem. Addy NEVER takes her diaper off and pees all over the place. I've NEVER had to throw pillows away and wash sheets and blankets. You're awesome! I'm all for the duct tape! I hope you had more fun at the fair!

Mandolin said...

That is a great story and I think the duct tape is a fabulous idea and remedy! If only duct tape applied to so many other situations so well! Way to go resourceful (not mean) and realistic mom!!!