Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Last 2 Years!

a tribute to Ellie Jo Rigby! I know I look a little stoned, but after looking at all the pictures on the day she was born, this is how I looked in them all. All I can say is that they gave me some good drugs!
The lime green bow. Bryce picked it out and it looked so perfect on her little head! Check out the nose, she is her mother's daughter!
Check out all that hair! I still can't believe it! And that binky it the size of her head but the minute it came out the crying started! She never had the nice newborn cry either, it was always a loud scream! I don't miss that!
The orange headband will always be my favorite! And Ellie in this dress, my favorite! I started looking for pictures to go on here a few weeks back and had to take a break! I was so drained emotionally! The day Ellie was born was the happiest day of my life! All of my dreams came true at that moment! My whole life all I ever wanted was to be a mother! Now that she is 2 I am having second thoughts, just kidding. I love her just as much now, it's just harder! Which makes it all the more worth it! Ellie was a fairly good baby but as mentioned before she had a horrible cry! My friend Trisha used to laugh and say how much she loved Ellie's cry and I would say how much I hated it and she said it was because I had to live with it! Ellie did everything quickly, she rolled over fast, she crawled fast, and started walking way too fast! I used to make a circle with all the furniture in the family room to keep her contained, but she started to get out about the time she turned one and the fun began. She does the cutest things and always makes me laugh. Ellie I love you, thanks for making me the mother I always wanted to become!


11 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

It was so good to see a new post from you. Happy Birthday to Ellie. Her cake is so darling. They did a fantastic job.

Nick and Stacey said...

How cute is that! You are right that cake is super cute! Did you end up making one? I need to call you tomorrow! I guess you could pretty much say I am the worst friend ever! Wasn't your birthday today? Just Kidding, I know when it is I am just a loser friend so I have to make a joke about it so I don't feel so bad I haven't told you Happy Birthday yet! Anyways I love your Ellie posts super cute! I love to see the baby pictures and see what they have grown into! SHe is so dang cut! I love the bike! Okay now my novel is over I love you and Happy Birthday Ellie and Mom!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

This is by far one of my favorite posts about one of my friends and their child. I absolutely loved it! I can't believe she's two years old! My how time has flown - seems like yesterday you were in the drive up being goofy Joella and now you are a fantastic mom! Happy late birthday to Ellie! I absolutely love her cake! Do they do that as a business? I would be interested in either learning how to do that or just buying a cake from them!

Christensen Family said...

Hey! You finally put a post up. :) You forget how little they were. She is such a cutie! She does look so much like you. You always had her in the cutest clothes too. Happy belated birthday Ellie!

Laura said...

Yea!! your back...I have missed the posts updating me on your cute fam. I didn't even know your bro was engaged...so out of the loop. Please come down and keep me in with things, oh and don't forget about Disneyland this Christmas..or soon after:) Tell everyone there hello from us!

california smiths said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! The big two, very exciting!!

The Reese's said...

I'm glad to see you finally updated! j/k I love that cake, they need to do that for a living. And I love your post. It's so fun to look back and remember all the good and hard stuff you've been through with your kids. Happy Birthday Ellie!

The Holmgrens said...

Joell, she is so cute! The cake is awesome. What are they perfessionals!? We need to get together.

April said...

Oh- you looked so happy after having her!!! LOL Sorry we missed Von's party! We need to get together!

Bingham Family said...

Wow! can you beleive she is 2. it goes by way too fast. Darling cake. it looks like a wedding cake. She is so cute I hope she had a great b-day. You are the cutest mom. We need to get together. I seen you out for a walk one day but by the time I knew it was you I was past. Is you hair darker or something? Fun post!

the judkins said...

Did you make that freakin cake? You rock! Happy B Day ellie bell! And happy B day Jolly, too! I suck I know. Don't be sad, I can't even remember my own. You know I love you though.