Saturday, April 5, 2008

Keep Out of Reach of Children!


I know Ellie is too young to read but I swear she can read those words, keep out of reach of children! I was cleaning, which I do very seldom, and the other day was just a reminder why! I put Ellie in front of a Little People movie, her new favorite thing, so I figured I free for a good 50 minutes to get some cleaning done without too much drama. Oh how wrong I was! She really wanted to help me so she grabbed a bottle of bathroom cleaner and started spraying it the wrong way, right in her face and down her shirt. Well, the cleaner of course had bleach in it so everything it sprayed is now ruined! What a coincidence the shirt says ADORABLE! Then Hudson, my perfect little baby, decided he didn't want to take naps and was needing my attention all day. Oh and the vacuum, both of my kids were terrified! When I was vacuuming in our family room Ellie was slowly backing up the stairs not taking her eyes off the vacuum for a second then as I went into another room she came back down the stairs as I entered the family room, back up the stairs she went! It was really funny to watch her. She used to just scream the whole time it was on so this, keeping track of the vacuum is much better! Hudson on the other hand did just scream the whole time the vacuum was on and even a little after until mom picked him up and soothed him! Needless to say, who knows when I'll be cleaning again!

8 comments:

california smiths said...

What a day! Perfect excuse not to clean anymore!! How sad she ruined such a cute shirt, what are the chances she would grab the bleach one? Pretty good with kids, huh?

Callisters said...

Too funny! But honestly you got to love it when bleach ruins clothes. Strange that it is supposed to clean things and make them look nice, but if it touches the wrong thing it ruins it!

Jon and Ashley said...

How is it that kids always ruin the shirts that you just love on them. It is one of those weird things that kids have a knack for. Like perfect aim with a tennis ball. I would love you to move out here. I seriously love it. If not move, you should at least come and visit us!

Nick said...

Thats a good excuse to not clean! Mitchell hates the vacum too, but Faye loves it! She will follow it all over! So I have to get her to move so I can vacum where she is sitting! And Mitchell being afraid is good also, because he picks up his toys really fast because he doesn't want me to vacum them up! Sorry about the shirt, I hate it when their clothes get ruined!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Wow, your job is a lot of work! Geesh, I am going to take parenting classes from all of my mother friends! Kids do the darndest things don't they (you would know better than me!). Um, so I am thinking game night in 2 weeks or so? Sound good?

Tiffany Joy said...

yeah i'm pretty sure you should just give up the whole cleaning thing. bryce is home a lot, why not just let him clean!

April said...

No more cleaning? That's kind of a good thing! Just be glad that Ellie didn't get bleach in her eyes, your day could have been a lot worse! Still, sorry about the clothes, I hate when that happens!

Pam said...

Joell, are you sure we aren't living the same exact life!?! Honestly, our children are both the same. Bailee has to help do everything. AND, my children are terrified of the vacuum. I think that Bailee and Ellie can be mischevious little girls together when they grow up, and Hudsen and Sadie can be chill boyfriend and girlfriend. Oh, and Bailee has that same exact shirt that was already ruined a long time ago...go figure!