Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Joys Of Motherhood!

All of my life all I have ever wanted to be was a mom. When I was younger I was always quiting things when they got tough or I just plain didn't want to do it anymore, ballet, cheerleading, jobs, etc. When I was first married I was having a tough time at my job and was trying so very hard to convince my husband we should have kids so I could quit. I was complaining one day to Joan, my mother, and she said "You know when you become a mom you can't quit." And I remember thinking that is one job I will love and will never get sick of. And as much as I truly do love being a mom sometimes I want to pull my hair out.
Ellie is going to be 2 in May and she is something. I always call her a little stinker and Joan always says, "We choose to call her BUSY." And that is exactly what she is, in to everything and climbing everywhere, if it is quite I know she is doing something she knows she shouldn't. Just the other day she was in the toilet playing in the water and I had only left her alone for about 2 minutes! Another fun thing she is doing now is undressing herself! After dinner on Sunday night Bryce and I were cleaning up and Ellie had stripped down naked and was riding the horse. I just had to get a picture. I am starting to learn to enjoy these moments rather than get upset, I hope I am not to late!
Then there's Hudson, who turns 5 months on Friday. I could not have asked for a better baby than him. I always say Heavenly Father knew I would just go crazy if He didn't send me a good baby so that is what He did. Hudson hardly ever cries, unless his sister bites him, and he will smile for you no matter how tired, hungry, or upset he is. He just started rolling from his stomach to his back last week. So that is really fun and exciting too.
Bryce is working for Valley View Granite here in Tremonton and is never home but he likes to be busy. We just put some money down on a lot in Holmgren Estates, yep that is right down the street from Jay and Joan's (my parents) house. I just love the neighborhood so much I can't get out of it! We are trying to get our house plans drawn up right now but have been having a hard time finding someone to do it for us. That and I keep thinking of new things that I want and changing things around! Oops! So we are hoping that we will be able to start building the end of April first of May, but it will be a while before it is finished because Bryce will be building most of it himself. So we are so excited to have our own place again in about a year or so.

10 comments:

OnlyAMemoryRemains said...

Well hello Rigby family!!! We just started our blog last week, good timing I guess. Anyway, it's good to see your family on here. Maybe we can do a little better job of staying in touch now.
Wishing you all well.

Tyler and Carli

Laura said...

Yea! I was excited when james passed along your blog info! Good job and check ours out...

Randi said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging. It's great to see you guys on here! I'm sorry that we couldn't get together with you the other night. Let's plan something after Gavin's not cutting THREE teeth at a time! :)

california smiths said...

YAY JOELL! So excited to see your blog, I always wonder what you are doing!

Bingham Family said...

Hey Joell, Looks like me and you have a lot in coommon. I just got in to blogging this week too. So far I love it. except for everyone must have spent hours making there page look darling. Well I hope your doing great. We need to do Mc Donalds or somthing. Mandi

Nick said...

Hey Friend! I love that post, it is totally true! I do want to pull my hair out also, but it doesn't even compare to how much fun, and entertaining the kids are! Welcome to the blogging addiction!

The Reese's said...

sorry joell, i just read through the rest of your blog and saw when you are starting. that's great, our contractor said it would take us until atleast december to get in so we won't be that far off.

The Reese's said...

hey joell, it's me again. :) i was just thinking. we had kim yates (josh yates from our grade's dad) do our house plans. he lives up the road from where i grew up and he was great to work with. we took a few house plans we found on the internet and changed a ton of things and they came out great. he doesn't charge anything for a basement layout and 50 cents a sq foot for main level and 25 a sq foot for an upstairs. you should call him if you are still looking. call me if you have questions.

TMB said...

That is great you are going to be living the dream in Holmgren Estates.....I hope to retire there someday. :) After 3 years, I have finally convinced my husband it is Zion, and that he does want to live there. Ha ha! I am so excited that you are blogging.

taylorandmarisha.blogspot.com

Callisters said...

Joell welcome to the blogging world!!! As you can tell I love Holmgrens as well. I am so excited you are here to stay. Olivia and Ellie are going to have so much fun!