Wednesday, September 3, 2008

hurricane Gustav?

No it wasn't hurricane Gustav just crazy winds in Tremonton! Well, as you can see or maybe you cannot see the big bad wind came and blew my house made of sticks down! On Sunday we had just said amen to the closing prayer in church as a large storm rolled into town. Bryce and I were walking home and someone made a joke about our house blowing away, not more than 5 minutes later we got a phone call from a neighbor saying there were walls down off our house! Bryce was so upset him and my dad quickly went and changed and ran over to the house and were met by some more friendly neighbors they braced the walls that had not fallen over yet and then we just sat and waited for the storm to pass. Bryce had just finished putting up all the walls but 2 on Saturday and then 5 got blown off on Sunday! He was not a happy camper until yesterday when another friendly neighbor let us borrow his grade all (sp?) and put the house back together again. so yes all is well again at the Rigby home thanks to all the help from family, friends, and neighbors! It was a very traumatic time considering Bryce has been working so hard but all is well now thank goodness. Now we just need to get a roof on that thing so it won't happen again!

7 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I love all of the house update pictures though. I can't wait to see it.

The Holmgrens said...

Well, I'm glad you got it all put back together. Haven't you ever heard of the pig that built his house of brick. That's the way to go, or you can just live with your inlaws and in apartments your whole life like me.

John-n-Mel said...

Wow, that's crazy! What a great neighborhood to be moving into. :) Sorry I didn't get a chance to really chat with you at the party, but wanted to tell you that a few days after I read about Ellie and the Duct tape Diaper, Tyler woke up from her nap calling my name. When I walked in she was holding her diaper and in the corner was a little puddle, could only laugh and think of you!

Nick and Stacey said...

When Bryce called and left the message I couldn't beleive it! I am glad to see everything is good again, i am so sorry that had to happen to you guys!

The Reese's said...

coby and i drove by and saw all that happened that night! i can't believe the roof of the other house going up by you, at least it all got put back together. good luck with weather till your roofs on!

Tiffany Joy said...

Storm: Little Pig Little Pig Let Me In-

You: Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin-not "sure knock my house down!"

Randi said...

I am so excited to see how your house turns out! I'm sorry the wind took down your walls, but I'm glad all is well now!